DIY Gifts| How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe in a Jar
Party favors have come a long way since the mesh bags filled with jordan almonds. Recently, I was in charge of planning my sister’s bridal shower (as part of my MOH duties) so I wanted to send the guests home with something cute that was practical and on theme (1950s housewives).
I decided on mason jars filled with the ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies. They were a huge hit!
Here’s how to make them:
Ingredients you’ll need to make the jars:
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Beat 1 1/2 sticks softened butter, 1 large egg and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract in large mixing bowl until blended.
- Add cookie mix; mix well, breaking up any clumps.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized dollops onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely before serving or storing.
- Makes about 2 dozen cookies.